San Antonio Drug Lawyer
A drug charge can negatively impact your life. Depending on the severity, you could receive anywhere between 180 days in jail to 99 years in prison. Finding experienced drug lawyers in San Antonio, TX is the first step to resolving your situation.
Contact Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC when you need experienced San Antonio drug defense lawyers. We have years of experience successfully defending individuals in drug-related offenses. Our drug trafficking lawyers will get to know you and your situation in order to better represent your case. Call to speak to a qualified drug crime attorney in San Antonio, Texas, today.
Types of Drug Charges in Texas
In Texas, drug crimes are treated incredibly seriously, but the type of punishment—and the type of defense—depends on a number of factors, including such things as perceived intent and the type of drug. The charge typically increases the more of a substance you have on your person. For example, if you had fewer than 2 ounces of marijuana, then you may receive 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine. That penalty can increase to as much as 99 years in prison and a $10,000 fine depending on the amount. If you’re charged with a drug-related crime, then it’s important to seek a San Antonio drug lawyer immediately for assistance. Some of the charges drug lawyers may be able to assist you with are:
- Possession with Intent to Distribute
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Prescription Drug Fraud
If you’re searching for a qualified San Antonio criminal defense lawyer, then contact Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC. Our team has extensive knowledge of the procedures police use to make an arrest, and so can determine if your rights were violated during the process. Contact us today to speak to experienced drug lawyers in San Antonio, TX.
Defense Strategies for Drug Crimes
It can be frightening to be charged with a drug-related offense, but it is important not to panic. The first step is to find experienced drug lawyers to help with your case. There are several things you may wish to discuss with them, including:
- Options for First-Time Offenders: If you are a first-time offender, you may be eligible for the drug diversion program, which allows you to avoid jail time. While this option may seem like the best choice at first glance, that isn’t always the case. Speak with experienced drug lawyers to determine whether you should take the case to court or choose the drug diversion program.
- Rehab: Rehab can last up to 12 months, depending on the crime, and the facilities offering it may vary in quality. Your lawyer can recommend one that is suitable for your situation.
- Defense Strategies: Different charges will require different defense strategies. Lawyers will need to mount a different defense than those representing someone with a possession charge.
- Drug Charges on Your Record: Drug charges can potentially be expunged from your records if need be. Speak with experienced drug defense attorneys in San Antonio, Texas to learn more.
When you’re searching for qualified drug crime lawyers, call the experts at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC. We’re ready to represent your case and help you achieve the best result possible.
Contact a San Antonio Drug Crime Attorney Today
The drug defense lawyers at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC will take a personalized approach to your case. We believe every situation and individual is unique. As such, we learn as much as we can about you and your situation to make sure we design a defense that is suitable for your situation. We like to say we don’t really have clients; we have relationships. That’s because we take the time to really understand your situation and build a connection. Our drug lawyers are available to represent anyone in the following areas:
- San Antonio, TX
- Seguin, TX
- Floresville, TX
- Jourdanton, TX
- New Braunfels, TX
- San Marcos, TX
- Boerne, TX
- Hondo, TX
- Fredericksburg, TX
Finding drug defense lawyers is your first step to a successful case. So, if you’re looking for drug lawyers, contact the team that will take a personalized approach to your case. Call Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC today. We’ll use our skill and experience to fight effectively for your case.