San Antonio White Collar Crimes Lawyer
When you or your business faces criminal charges for bribery, fraud, or theft, you want an attorney who understands how to decipher intricate corporate and financial matters, possesses in-depth knowledge of state and federal laws, as well as a firm grasp of how these regulations and practices intersect. In addition to our years of experience defending clients at the state and federal level, our San Antonio white collar criminal lawyers at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda PLLC work with forensic accountants, former IRS agents and investigators, and other professional experts and specialists, to ensure we use every available resource when defending our clients.
Why Choose Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC For Your Case?
If you are facing a state or federal white-collar crime charge, you must turn to a skilled criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to help you through this. Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC is standing by to help you today.
- At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we have a thorough understanding of all state and federal laws regarding white-collar crime offenses.
- Our firm has a reputation for providing aggressive legal representation to those accused of white-collar crimes in and around the San Antonio area.
- Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC has been recognized as a Top Criminal Defense Firm and has been featured in both local and state media for our work on behalf of clients.
- We understand that every white-collar crime case we take in San Antonio is different, so we will craft a customized legal strategy built to meet your specific needs.
How Will a San Antonio White Collar Crime Attorney Help Your Case?
A San Antonio white collar crime defense attorney should have one strategy in mind – holding the Texas government or federal government to the highest burden of proof required for these cases. Just because you have been accused of a crime does not mean that you will ultimately be found guilty. A skilled San Antonio white collar crimes lawyer can use their resources and legal expertise to:
- Conduct a thorough evaluation and investigation into the criminal allegation(s) against you. Does the government have a strong or weak case? Are there any witnesses that the prosecutors are calling on? Was the evidence gathered legally? All these are questions an attorney will work to answer.
- A white collar crime attorney will use expert analysis in your case. If necessary, this could involve getting the best investigators and experts to look into your case. This includes forensic accountants, former special agents, and more.
- Your attorney will also remain in constant communication with prosecutors and will be aware of any possible plea deals in your case if a deal is warranted given the facts of your situation. There are times when a strategic negotiation could result in a more favorable outcome for your case.
Defending You or Your Business Against State and Federal Criminal Charges
In Texas, many white collar crimes are lumped under “theft” crimes. Whether you have been accused of or are being investigated for engaging in deceptive trade practices or the misappropriation of fiduciary funds, we have the resources and experience to fight these complex criminal charges. At the federal level, white collar defense lawyers typically deal with conspiracy, racketeering, or fraud charges.
There are numerous types of white collar or theft crimes we handle at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda PLLC, including:
- Fraud — mortgage, tax, securities, health care, and elder fraud
- Organized crime
- Money laundering
- Financial crimes
- Tax evasion
Most federal white collar crimes are serious felonies that can result in prison sentences. In many instances, the government will carry out a prolonged investigation to build a case. If you or your business is under federal investigation, it’s essential to secure representation as early as possible.
A Federal Target Letter
If you have received a target letter from an Assistant United States Attorney regarding any white-collar crime, then you need to take this to mean that you are under investigation. If you receive a federal target letter, you need to speak to a skilled criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. While a Federal target letter could mean a number of things, it is vital that you let a San Antonio white collar crimes lawyer look over the notification and handle any communication with other parties involved.
Often, targets of white-collar investigations are not arrested right away. Even if you have an inkling that something is amiss, it is a good idea to speak to a lawyer. An attorney may be able to step in on your behalf to find out what is going on and gauge the amount of trouble you may be in. Early mitigation could make a huge difference in your white collar crime case.
San Antonio White Collar Crime Attorneys Serving All Of Texas
Although located in San Antonio, Texas, our white collar crime defense lawyers handle cases throughout Texas and are recognized in many Texas courts. Some places we defend criminal charges regularly include:
- Seguin, TX (Guadalupe County)
- San Antonio, TX (Bexar County)
- Floresville, TX (Wilson County)
- Pleasanton, TX (Atascosa County)
- New Braunfels, TX (Comal County)
- San Marcos, TX (Hays County)
- Boerne, TX (Kendall County)
- Hondo, TX (Medina County)
- Fredericksburg, TX (Gillespie County)
Contact Our San Antonio White Collar Crime Lawyers Today
We have successfully helped many professionals avoid convictions for crimes against their employers, insurance companies, and federal institutions. If you have been charged or are under investigation for state or federal business or economic crimes, contact our San Antonio law office and speak with our experienced white collar defense attorneys. Call (210) 222-9132 to schedule an initial consultation.