San Antonio Weapons Charge Attorney
The state of Texas has strict laws regarding the possession and use of weapons. A violation of weapons laws could result in serious charges and penalties. Upon conviction, a person could lose their right to own a firearm and face significant time in jail or prison. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our skilled team is standing by when you need a San Antonio weapons charges defense attorney. We have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into your case build a vigorous defense on your behalf.
Why Choose Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC?
Facing weapons charges alone can be scary, but you can count on the team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC to help you get through every aspect of this situation.
- At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our clients are our number one priority, no matter what. Regardless of how serious your weapons charges are, we will provide you with an aggressive and results-driven defense.
- We take the time to get to know every client personally so that we can build a personalized defense strategy on their behalf.
- Our criminal defense attorneys have built a solid reputation for providing aggressive legal representation to those accused of serious crimes in and around the San Antonio area.
How Will An Attorney Help A San Antonio Weapons Charge Case?
A skilled San Antonio weapons charge lawyer is going to be necessary to help you handle weapons charges in San Antonio. In addition to speaking to you about the charges against you, an attorney is going to be responsible for fully investigating the case against you to determine any possible avenues of gaining an acquittal. This will include:
- Questioning the police officers about the procedures they used to obtain the evidence against you.
- Speaking to any witnesses who have information about the case and collecting additional information that could help your defense.
- Analyzing all of the evidence gathered against you by prosecutors.
- Discussing the status of your case with you and determining whether or not they should negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecutors.
- Fully preparing you for the trial process.
Weapons Charges and Penalties in Texas
Because Texas has a reputation for being gun-friendly, there is a common misconception that all weapons are simply legal. The truth is that, under Texas Penal Code §46.05, the following weapons are illegal to own and possess in Texas (except in certain situations, such as antiques):
- Machine guns
- Shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches in length
- Rifles with barrels less than 16 inches in length
- Various explosives
- Brass knuckles
- Switchblade knives
- Improvised handguns (also known as zip guns)
- A chemical dispensing device
- A firearms silencer
- Armor-piercing ammunition
A person arrested and charged with possession of illegal weapons could face severe penalties.
- Possession of a switchblade or brass knuckles will be in Class A misdemeanor offense punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000.
- Possession of any other illegal weapon is a Third-Degree felony offense with penalties ranging from 2 to 10 years in prison as well as a fine of up to $10,000.
Contact Our Weapons Crime Defense Lawyer in San Antonio Today
If you or somebody you care about is facing weapons charges in or around San Antonio, you need to contact a San Antonio weapons charge lawyer immediately. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our qualified defense team is standing by and ready to use our resources to help you get through this. We will not leave you at the mercy of the court system. When you need a San Antonio weapons charges defense attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (210) 222-9132.