San Antonio Vehicular Manslaughter Lawyer
Vehicle accidents happen regularly in and around San Antonio, and these incidents occasionally lead to the death or serious bodily injury of another person. If you are facing vehicular manslaughter charges in San Antonio or the surrounding areas, you could receive severe penalties if convicted. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our team is standing by to help when you need a San Antonio vehicular manslaughter defense attorney. We have the resources necessary to thoroughly investigate the charges against you and formulate a solid defense on your behalf.
Why Choose Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC?
When you are facing serious vehicular manslaughter charges, the team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC will be standing by to help you get through this.
- At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our San Antonio criminal attorneys have tremendous experience handling complex criminal defense cases, including those revolving around homicide and manslaughter.
- We do not back down from difficult cases, and we are willing to take your case all the way to trial if necessary to ensure you are treated fairly.
- Prosecutors in and around San Antonio know that we take every case seriously. We can work to secure favorable plea deals, but we will not back down due to their aggressive tactics.
What Will An Attorney Do To Help a San Antonio Vehicular Manslaughter Case?
A vehicular manslaughter case can become incredibly complicated, and a skilled San Antonio vehicular manslaughter defense attorney can use their resources to formulate a solid defense against these charges. Your defense attorney can:
- Obtain all evidence that has been gathered by law enforcement officials and prosecutors in your case.
- Work with accident reconstruction experts and forensic experts to help obtain additional evidence that could help in your defense.
- Analyze the facts of the case to determine whether or not to recommend seeking a plea deal or taking the matter to trial.
- Negotiate with prosecutors in an effort to get the charges reduced or dismissed while also fully preparing you for a trial to ensure your rights are upheld.
Vehicular Manslaughter Penalties in Texas
Vehicular manslaughter is defined in Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 19.04, which is the Texas manslaughter statute. If an individual is operating a motor vehicle recklessly and causes the death of another person, they can face vehicular manslaughter under this statute. Additionally, an individual can face vehicular manslaughter charges for recklessly operating a vehicle per the Texas Transportation Code Ann. § 545.401.
Vehicular manslaughter in Texas is generally going to be charged as a second-degree felony offense. This can result in a prison sentence ranging from two to 20 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
In some cases, a person may be charged with criminally negligent homicide as opposed to vehicular manslaughter. Penalties for this charge are typically less severe than other manslaughter charges. This will result in a state jail felony charge that could lead to six months to two years in jail and up to $10,000 in fines.
Call Our San Antonio Vehicular Manslaughter Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been charged with vehicular manslaughter in or around the San Antonio area, contact a skilled San Antonio vehicular manslaughter lawyer immediately. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we are ready to get to work on your behalf today. We will use our extensive resources to fully investigate the case against you in an effort to get the charges reduced or dismissed altogether. When you need a San Antonio vehicular manslaughter defense attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation online or by calling (210) 222-9132.