San Antonio Theft Lawyer
In the state of Texas, there are various offenses that could constitute theft. The particular charge a person receives for theft will depend on the value of the items taken, and those convicted of theft charges could face significant time in prison as well as major fines. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our team is standing by to help when you need a San Antonio theft defense attorney. We will investigate every aspect of the charges against you in an effort to get them reduced or dismissed altogether.
Why Hire Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC for Your Theft Crime Case?
Facing theft charges alone can be daunting, but the team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC will be standing by to provide a vigorous defense on your behalf.
- The majority of our practice is dedicated to criminal defense cases, so you can count on an experienced law firm standing by your side throughout the entirety of your case.
- Prosecutors in and around San Antonio know that we mean business when we show up in the courtroom, and this gives us leverage when it comes to securing favorable deals for our clients.
- Our San Antonio criminal attorneys take the time to get to know our clients so that we can form a personalized defensive strategy for every individual case.
How Will An Attorney Help San Antonio Theft Case?
If you have been charged with theft crimes, a skilled San Antonio theft defense lawyer will be an invaluable asset as your case moves forward. By involving a a theft defense lawyer early in the process, you will have an ally by your side who can use their resources to:
- Obtain and analyze any evidence being used against you by prosecutors and look for any procedural errors made while the evidence was being gathered.
- Conduct an independent investigation and speak to any witnesses to the alleged theft in an effort to build a vigorous defense against the San Antonio theft charge.
- Review the status of the case in order to determine whether to recommend seeking a plea deal or taking the case to trial to ensure the most favorable outcome on your behalf.
Theft Charges And Penalties in Texas
In Texas, there are various different offenses that could constitute theft and lead to criminal charges. All the following actions are considered theft in the state of Texas:
- Issuing bad checks
- General theft
- Purchasing or receiving stolen property
The penalties for theft in Texas depend on the value of the alleged stolen property.
- $1 to $50 – Class C misdemeanor
- $50 to $500 – Class B misdemeanor
- $500 to $1,500 – Class A misdemeanor
- $1,500 to $20,000 – State jail felony
- $20,000 to $100,000 – Third-degree felony
- $100,000 to $200,000 – Second-degree felony
- Over $200,000 – First-degree felony
The penalties and punishments associated with theft charges vary widely. For example, a person convicted of a Class C misdemeanor theft charge may face no jail time and a fine of up to $500. A person convicted of a first-degree felony theft offense in Texas could face up to 99 years in prison as well as a fine of up to $10,000. To learn more information about the specific penal codes that may apply to your case, speak with a qualified theft charges defense attorney today.
Contact Our San Antonio Theft Defense Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love is facing theft charges in or around the San Antonio area, contact a skilled San Antonio theft attorney from our law firm immediately. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we have the experience you need for your criminal defense case in Bexar County. We are ready to use our resources to fully investigate the theft crimes against you so we can help you get back to living your life. When you need a San Antonio theft defense attorney, you can contact us online or by calling (210) 222-9132.