San Antonio Sexual Assault Lawyer
Sexual assault charges are taken very seriously in San Antonio and throughout Texas. Law enforcement officials and prosecutors will use the full weight of their resources against those charged with sexual assault. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our team is standing by to help when you need a San Antonio sexual assault defense attorney standing by your side. We firmly believe that any person charged with these crimes deserves a vigorous defense. We will thoroughly investigate the charges against you and prepare to take your case all the way to trial if necessary.
Choose Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC To Help With Your Case
If you are facing a sexual assault charge, the team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC is ready to stand by your side and provide a vigorous defense on your behalf.
- We have extensive experience handling complex sexual assault cases in San Antonio and throughout Texas, and we have the resources necessary to build a defense on your behalf.
- We have built our reputation on the fact that we are not afraid to take any criminal case to trial, which means that our clients have real leverage in these situations.
- Our criminal law attorneys have been recognized among the Best Criminal Defense Attorneys by our peers and independent organizations.
Why Do You Need An Attorney For A Sexual Assault Case?
A qualified and experienced sexual assault defense attorney in San Antonio will be an invaluable asset to your case. An attorney will have extensive resources and the legal expertise necessary to:
- Thoroughly investigate the case against you, including any evidence gathered by prosecutors in law enforcement.
- Conduct an independent investigation by employing the assistance of trained sexual assault experts who can provide testimony on your behalf.
- Negotiate with prosecutors if a plea deal is warranted for your case.
- Fully prepare your sexual assault case to go to trial to defend your rights.
Sexual Assault Charges And Penalties in Texas
Sexual assault in San Antonio is typically classified in one of two ways, “sexual assault” or “aggravated sexual assault.” These two charges vary significantly in severity and penalties.
Sexual Assault (Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 22.011)
Under Texas law, sexual assault is typically described as an act in which one person intentionally penetrates another person’s sexual organs, anus, or mouth without proper consent. The inability to give consent in these situations could mean a few things, including having sexual intercourse with a person 17 years of age or younger, when a person is unconscious and unable to give consent, or when a person uses the power of their position to engage in sex sexual misconduct (occupational hierarchy, teachers, police officers, etc.).
- Sexual assault is typically charged as a second-degree felony with a penalty of two to 20 years in prison, a fine of up to $10,000, and lifetime registration as a sex offender.
Aggravated Sexual Assault (Tex. Penal Code Ann. § 22.021)
Under Texas law, aggravated sexual assault is defined as a person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causing or threatening to cause harm to another person through a sexual attack without consent. This charge is defined by various “aggravating” factors, including sexual acts with a person under the age of 14, causing bodily harm or fatal injuries to a victim causing a victim to fear for their life, using drugs to incapacitate the victim, or the presence of an additional perpetrator.
- Aggravated sexual assault is typically charged as a first-degree felony with a sentence ranging from five to 99 years in prison, fines, and the requirement to register as a sex offender.
Call Our San Antonio Sexual Assault Defense Attorney
If you or somebody you love is facing an allegation of sexual assault, contact a skilled sexual assault defense lawyer immediately. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our team thoroughly understands these charges, and we are going to ensure that you are treated fairly throughout this process.
Our attorneys will use the full might of their resources to investigate the charges against you and build a solid defense on your behalf. We are not afraid to take difficult cases to trial if necessary. When you need a San Antonio sexual assault defense attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case online or by calling (210) 222-9132.