San Antonio Murder Defense Attorney
In Texas, murder charges carry significant consequences, including the possibility of life in prison or even the death penalty. Texas law enforcement officials and prosecutors take these charges very seriously. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our team is standing by to help when you need a San Antonio murder defense attorney. We have the resources necessary to thoroughly investigate the charges against you, build a solid defense on your behalf, and take your case to trial. We are not afraid to take on difficult cases, so let us get to work on your behalf today.
Why Choose Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC For This Case?
When you are facing a murder charge in San Antonio, you can count on the team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC to stand by your side and provide a vigorous defense.
- At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we have developed a reputation as criminal defense attorneys who are not afraid to take complex cases all the way to trial to ensure our clients are treated fairly.
- We have the resources and legal expertise necessary to handle complicated homicide cases. We have built an extensive network of trusted experts who can help analyze evidence and provide expert witness testimony.
- We build customized legal strategies for every client’s specific situation by taking the time to get to know every client personally.
Why Do You Need a San Antonio Murder Defense Lawyer?
Simply put, murder is the most serious criminal charge a defendant can face. Any person facing murder charges must seek assistance from a skilled San Antonio murder defense attorney as soon as possible. A private defense attorney, as opposed to an overworked public defender, will be able to devote their time to your case.
They can use their resources and legal expertise to:
- Analyze all evidence that has been gathered against you by prosecutors and law enforcement officials.
- Conduct an independent investigation with the assistance of forensic experts to obtain any new evidence that can be used in your defense.
- Speak to any witnesses and conduct interviews with any person involved to gain a deeper understanding of your case.
- Negotiate with prosecutors if a plea deal is warranted for your particular situation while also preparing the case to go to trial to defend your rights.
Murder Charges And Penalties in Texas
Section 19.02 of the Texas Penal Code states that a person commits murder if he (or she) “intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual, intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.”
The penalties for a murder charge in San Antonio can be found in Chapter 12 of the Texas Penal Code. The crime of murder is considered a first-degree felony in Texas, and is punishable by between five to 99 years in prison, life in prison cover, or the death penalty. The minimum age that a person can receive the death penalty in Texas is 17.
Contact Our San Antonio Murder Defense Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you or somebody you love is facing murder charges in or around the San Antonio area, you need to contact a skilled San Antonio murder defense attorney as soon as possible. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we want you to know that you do not have to go through this alone. We firmly believe that any person facing murder charges deserves a vigorous defense. We will use our resources to investigate the charges against you and prepare your case to go to trial if necessary. When you need a San Antonio murder defense attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by contacting us online or calling (210) 222-9132.