San Antonio Internet Crimes Attorney
Internet crimes are taken very seriously in San Antonio and throughout Texas. These offenses are often classified as felonies, and they can be charged by state officials or federal authorities. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our knowledgeable San Antonio internet crimes lawyers have experience handling internet crime charges. We have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your case and build a solid defense on your behalf in the courtroom. Internet crimes are highly technical, so let us work with our team of dedicated computer experts and litigators to help you through this.
Why Choose Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC for Your Internet Crimes Case?
When you are facing serious internet crimes charges, you can count on the team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC to have the resources necessary to defend you properly.
- At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we are known for preparing every one of our cases for trial by jury. By assuming that your case will go to trial, we can ensure that you will receive a thorough and high-quality defense.
- Our San Antonio criminal defense lawyers refuse to back down from difficult cases, including complex internet crimes, because we believe that every person deserves a vigorous defense in these cases.
- Prosecutors in and around the San Antonio area know that we mean business. Whether in or out of the courtroom, we will look out for your best interests.
How Will An Attorney Help A San Antonio Internet Crimes Case?
A skilled San Antonio internet crimes attorney is going to be essential in defending a person charged with internet crimes. An attorney will have the resources and network necessary to help you with every aspect of these cases. They can:
- Work with trusted computer forensic experts to thoroughly examine the evidence against you.
- Analyze the search and seizure procedures used by law enforcement and prosecutors.
- Negotiate with prosecutors regarding any possible plea deal or sentencing arrangement.
- Fully prepare your case to go to trial if necessary to defend your rights.
Internet Charges And Penalties in Texas
Various computer crimes, often referred to as cybercrimes, occur solely on the internet, while other offenses can take unique characteristics when the internet and computers are involved. Our San Antonio internet crimes defense attorneys defend clients who have been charged with a range of cybercrimes, including the following:
- Identity theft
- Computer fraud
- Phishing Scams
- Fraudulent investment schemes
- Computer intrusions
- Possession or distribution of child pornography
- Online solicitation of a minor
- Gambling violations
- Computer hacking
When working to understand the penalties for crimes associated with the internet, we will often have to turn to the underlying crime, as there is often no specific statute related to particular internet crimes. However, below are the following internet crimes recognized under the Texas Code of laws:
- §16.02 Unlawful Use of Criminal Instrument
- §16.05 Illegal Divulgence of Public Communications
- §16.06 Unlawful Installation of Tracking Device
- §16.03 Unlawful Interception, Use or Disclosure of Wire, Oral, or Electronic Communication
- §16.04 Unlawful Access to Stored Communications
Our San Antonio Internet Crimes Defense Attorney Is Ready to Help
If you or somebody you care about is facing an internet crime in or around the San Antonio area, you need to call an attorney as soon as possible. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our skilled team understands the seriousness of these charges, which is why we will use our resources to build a sound defense on your behalf.
Our San Antonio internet crimes defense attorneys will thoroughly investigate the case against you, conduct their own research, and be prepared to defend you in court. You can contact us for a free consultation of your case online or by calling (210) 222-9132.