San Antonio Felony DWI Attorney
At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda PLLC, we understand that mistakes happen, sometimes more than once. If you have been arrested for a second or third DWI in San Antonio or elsewhere in Texas, you likely face serious consequences that could land you in jail and compromise your job. If you are arrested for DWI with a child in the car, you face consequences that could affect your family.
If you are accused of drunk driving and injuring or killing someone, then you may be facing all of those consequences, as well as the self-doubt and embarrassment that come from attention in mainstream and social media. To combat these charges, you can rely on our San Antonio felony DWI lawyers with the skill and resources to help build a strong defense.
Why Choose Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC For Your Felony DWI case?
When you are facing a multiple or felony DWI charge in San Antonio, you need an experienced DWI lawyer standing by your side to help you through this.
- At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our clients become our number one priority. Regardless of the seriousness of the DWI charge you are facing, you can count on our team to provide you with professional and aggressive representation.
- Our San Antonio criminal defense attorneys have been recognized in San Antonio as Best Criminal Defense Attorneys and Best DWI Lawyers by our peers and independent organizations.
- We have extensive experience handling complex DWI cases throughout San Antonio. Prosecutors in this area know that we mean business when we show up on your case.
How Will An Attorney Help A San Antonio DWI Case?
The idea of a DWI offense and subsequent penalties has become watered down in society, but the reality is that these are serious charges that could have major consequences on your life. A skilled DWI defense attorney in San Antonio can use their resources and legal expertise in an effort to get the charges against you reduced or dismissed.
DWI laws in Texas, particularly felony DWI offenses, are complicated, and the facts of every case are unique. A skilled San Antonio felony DWI attorney can:
- Represent you in any DMV proceedings as well as criminal court.
- Help you keep your driving privileges.
- Obtain any evidence being used against you by prosecutors or law enforcement.
- Ensure that any means used to gather evidence against you was legal.
- Thoroughly review the aspects of any possible plea deals and negotiate with prosecutors.
- Help get felony charges reduced to misdemeanors.
- Assist you if you are facing CPS investigations due to your DWI.
- Fully prepare to take your case to trial if necessary.
A DWI attorney will be prepared to help you throughout this entire process, from the moment you are arrested for DWI in San Antonio, all the way through your trial if that is what is necessary to ensure you have been treated fairly. A San Antonio DWI lawyer will provide you with support and guidance for your situation so that you do not have to go through this alone.
Defending Against Texas’ Harsh Multiple DWI Offender Laws
Even if you already have a DWI arrest on your record, we can still find ways to minimize the consequences that you may face. From challenging the results of a Breathalyzer to the procedures the authorities used to make their arrest, we will use all available resources to gather facts and work toward a dismissal or a reduction in the severity of the charges.
Although the circumstances of each case differ, some common consequences for a second or third DWI in Texas include:
- 30 days to a year in jail
- Up to $4,000 in fines
- Suspension of your driver’s license for up to two years
- Various surcharges contingent on your BAC at the time of the arrest
- Fines of up to $10,000
- Classification as a third-degree felony
- Two to 10 years in prison
- Suspension of your driver’s license for up to two years
- Annual surcharges that vary depending on your BAC at the time of the arrest
Fourth and Fifth DWI
As expected, the consequences of a fourth DWI conviction in San Antonio will result in more severe consequences. That is because if you have previously spent time in prison, you may be charged with a second-degree felony offense. A fourth DWI offense could lead to a person facing up to 20 years in prison as well as major fines.
A fifth DWI in San Antonio could result in a person facing an enhanced felony offense, which means they could spend anywhere from 25 years to life in prison. When facing the severe consequences of a fourth or fifth DWI, work with an experienced San Antonio DWI defense lawyer immediately. Do not rest your fate in the hands of an overworked public defender.
The good news is we have successfully tried felony DWI cases to juries, won reduction of felony DWI charges to misdemeanors, and regularly avoided prison time for our clients facing felony drunk driving charges. We would be honored to help you.
DWI with Child Passenger
In Texas, driving while intoxicated with a passenger under the age of 15 is a felony, even for a first offense. If you have a couple of beers at a Spurs game with your kids and drive afterward, you may be committing a felony, even if you feel fine. Worse, being arrested for the charge of DWI with Child often results in CPS involvement in your family. When this happens, you need an experienced DWI lawyer and an experienced CPS lawyer.
Fortunately, our lawyers have the experience you need to handle both a criminal felony DWI case and a civil CPS case. In fact, we’ve successfully helped clients who were arrested for drunk driving with children in their car, investigated by Child Protective Services, and sued for divorce or child custody at the same time.
A DWI arrest is tough enough, your family doesn’t deserve extra turmoil. We’ll use our experience and reputation as both criminal and family lawyers to protect you and your family.
DWI Causing Injury or Death
In Texas, a DWI that involves an accident causing injury or death is particularly serious. These cases may be charged as Intoxication Assault or Intoxication Manslaughter, but, depending on the circumstances, could be charged as other felony intoxication offenses, such as Felony Murder. A unique part of DWI cases involving accidents is the shame or guilt that many accused persons feel, even if they are not at fault or were not intoxicated. Nobody who is involved in Intoxication Assault or Manslaughter cases comes away unaffected, especially where the injured or killed people are close friends or family. Often, media coverage or online harassment make these cases even harder to live through. Our San Antonio DWI lawyers understand these pressures and have successfully defended our clients while helping them come to terms with life-changing stress.
San Antonio DWI Experts Serving All Of Texas
Although located in San Antonio, Texas, our Felony DWI lawyers handle cases throughout Texas and are recognized throughout Texas as experts in defending felony DWI charges. Some places we practice regularly include:
- Seguin, TX (Guadalupe County)
- San Antonio, TX (Bexar County)
- Floresville, TX (Wilson County)
- Pleasanton, TX (Atascosa County)
- New Braunfels, TX (Comal County)
- San Marcos, TX (Hays County)
- Boerne, TX (Kendall County)
- Hondo, TX (Medina County)
- Fredericksburg, TX (Gillespie County)
Contact Us After Being Arrested For Felony DWI
Whether you face your first, second, third, or ninth arrest for DWI, you deserve representation from lawyers who know how to give you the best opportunity at reaching a favorable outcome. Our felony DWI lawyers are leaders in intoxication law in Texas, as scholars and public advocates, as well as being accomplished DWI trial lawyers. To secure our services or to schedule a consultation at our San Antonio law firm, contact us by calling (210) 222-9132.