San Antonio Drug Trafficking Lawyer
Law enforcement officials in Texas might pursue drug trafficking charges against a person even if the individual had no intention of selling or distributing controlled substances. They may do this based solely on the amount of drugs allegedly uncovered in a person’s possession. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we are here to help if you need a San Antonio drug trafficking defense attorney. Let us conduct a complete investigation into the charges against you so we can formulate a solid defense strategy on your behalf. Our goal is to get the charges against you reduced or dismissed so you can get back to living your life.
Choose Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC To Help You With Your Drug Trafficking Case
When you are facing serious drug trafficking charges in San Antonio, the team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC is standing by to help you through this.
- Drug trafficking charges come with intense scrutiny from prosecutors and law enforcement officials, but the team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC will not back down from a challenging case.
- All of our criminal defense attorneys in San Antonio have developed a reputation for providing aggressive legal representation to those accused of crimes in and around San Antonio.
- We have a thorough understanding of both Texas and federal laws regarding drug trafficking, and we will be ready to represent you both in and out of the courtroom.
How Will a San Antonio Drug Trafficking Attorney Help?
A skilled drug trafficking defense lawyer is going to be necessary to help ensure you receive a proper defense for these charges. Regardless of whether or not you have been charged at the state level or federal level, you can be sure that prosecutors will use the full weight of their office against you. A San Antonio drug trafficking attorney can use their resources to:
- Thoroughly review all evidence being used against you, including the search and seizure procedures used to obtain the drugs.
- Work to properly calculate the total amount of drugs that were allegedly in your possession to determine whether they meet the thresholds for trafficking.
- Build a case to show that you are an individual and not simply another statistic. This includes gathering and presenting character witnesses to speak on your behalf.
- Fully prepare your case to go to trial to defend your rights.
Drug Trafficking Charges And Penalties in Texas
Penalties for drug trafficking under both federal and Texas law are severe and come with an array of consequences. The Texas Controlled Substances Act defines drug trafficking as a person manufacturing, delivering, or possessing narcotics with the intention to distribute them.
Under Texas law, drug trafficking is typically charged as a felony offense with penalties ranging from two years in a state jail facility (for the least serious trafficking charge) to serious felony charges which carry 15- to 99-year prison sentences upon conviction.
Under federal law, the various drug trafficking charges are felony offenses that come with mandatory sentences of 5 years, 10 years, or even life in prison.
At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we are standing by to help any person who has been arrested and charged with trafficking illegal narcotics, including the following:
- any other controlled substance
Contact Our San Antonio Drug Trafficking Lawyer For A Free Consultation
If you or somebody you care about is facing drug trafficking charges in or around the San Antonio area, contact a skilled San Antonio drug trafficking attorney immediately. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, our qualified team has extensive resources that we can use to build a solid defense on your behalf. Let us get to work investigating your case today so we can begin the process of getting your charges reduced or dismissed altogether. When you need a San Antonio drug trafficking defense attorney, you can contact us online for a free consultation of your case or by calling (210) 222-9132.