San Antonio Assault Attorney
Assault charges in San Antonio should not be taken lightly. In Texas, a conviction of assault could lead to significant jail or prison time. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we are standing by to help if you need a San Antonio assault defense attorney by your side.
Our knowledgeable team of San Antonio defense attorneys has extensive resources that we can use to build a solid defense on your behalf. Let us get to work examining the facts for your case today so we can help you move forward.
Why Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC Is Your Choice For This Case
When you are facing assault charges in San Antonio, the team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC is ready to stand up for your rights in court.
- The team at Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC works to build a personalized legal strategy designed around every clients’ specific case.
- We have built a reputation on the fact that we are not afraid to take cases to trial if that is what is necessary to ensure that our clients are treated fairly. We will not be bullied by prosecutors.
- At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we have a thorough understanding of what it takes to negotiate fair deals for our clients, but we do not look for the easy path. If going to trial is in your best interest, our San Antonio assault lawyers will push forward on your behalf.
How Will An Attorney Help An Assault Case In San Antonio?
A skilled San Antonio assault attorney is going to provide invaluable assistance to a person facing an assault charge. An attorney can:
- Use their resources to obtain and review any evidence used by law enforcement to prove the assault (dashcam footage, bodycam footage, video surveillance from a business, medical records, eyewitness statements, etc.).
- Conduct an independent investigation to uncover any other evidence that could be used to help their client’s defense.
- Negotiate with prosecutors in an effort to get the charges reduced if a plea deal is warranted for the situation.
- Fully prepare the case for trial to defend the rights of their client.
Assault Charges And Penalties In San Antonio, Texas
In Texas, there are critical distinctions between two types of assault charges that a person can face.
Simple assault (Texas Penal Code §22.01)
This is typically charged as a misdemeanor offense punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000. In Texas, a person could face simple assault charges if they engage in the following actions:
- Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly injuring another person
- Threatening another person with imminent injury
Causing physical contact with someone in a way that they knew or should have known that the person would find offensive or provocative
Aggravated assault (Texas Penal Code §22.02)
This is typically charged as a felony offense. Depending on the circumstances, this could be punishable by anywhere from two years to life in prison as well as a fine of up to $10,000. In Texas, a person could face aggravated assault charges if they engage in the following actions:
- Caused serious bodily injury to the victim when committing the assault
- Used or exhibited a deadly weapon while committing the assault
Contact Our San Antonio Assault Defense Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about is facing assault charges in San Antonio, you need to speak to a skilled assault attorney as soon as possible. At Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda, PLLC, we have built a track record of success handling cases just like this, and we are ready to get you today. Let our team conduct an investigation into the charges against you so we can work to get them reduced or dismissed altogether. When you need a San Antonio assault defense attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case online or by calling (210) 222-9132.