The San Antonio Law Firm Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda PLLC is publishing our Health and Safety Policy, as required by Nelson Wolff’s latest Executive Order covering Bexar County, Texas. Other lawyers and law firms in San Antonio, Texas and Bexar County are free to use it as a template for developing their own Policies, which must be displayed prominently in all businesses operating in Bexar County by June 21, 2020. Failure to abide by the Bexar County Executive Order regarding COVID-19 pandemic safety measures may result in fines against businesses up to $1,000 per violation. We are publishing our policy and allowing other businesses to use it as an aid in developing their own Health and Safety Policies for the protection and safety of their employees and visitors. Our policy may not fit everyone’s needs and is offered as a public service only, not legal advice. All San Antonio areas businesses, including law firms, are advised to consult an attorney while developing their own Health and Safety policies.
Hoelscher Gebbia Cepeda PLLC is strongly committed to the safety of our clients and employees. Our COVID policy exceeds the requirements of Wolff’s Executive Order NW-10, affecting all of Bexar County and San Antonio, Texas. All of our clients, contractors, and employees are welcome to contact us with input on how to improve our COVID procedures, which we will adjust periodically.
Thank you, y’all, for pulling together during this difficult time and for supporting our team as we continue providing the best legal representation we can for our clients in San Antonio and throughout Texas.
Health and Safety Policy
As required by EXECUTIVE ORDER NW-10 OF COUNTY JUDGE NELSON W. WOLFF ISSUED June 17, 2020, all employees and visitors of this premises are required to:
- Wear a mask or other CDC recommended facial covering when in an area or performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public where six feet of separation is not feasible,
- Submit to other mitigating measures designed to control and reduce the transmission of COVID-19 such as temperature checks or health screenings, as requested, and at sign-in or upon arrival at this location,
- To wash hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon entry to the premises.
- ALL non-employee visitors are required to sign in before entering the premises.
For the convenience and safety of our employees and clients,
- Face masks and hand sanitizer are available free of charge.
- Temperature checks will be performed using a touchless thermometer.
- Approved health screenings may be performed using single-use written questionnaires or be performed through oral questions.
- Our employees are encouraged to work from home and limit trips to and time in our offices. Please be understanding of inconveniences caused by various employees’ limited availability.
- All clients are encouraged to utilize phone conferences, Zoom, or other videoconferencing software for their consultations.
- Access to our restroom facilities will be controlled and limited only to employees and clients or other approved visitors.
- Employees are encouraged to engage in ongoing COVID-19 testing at employer expense.
Individuals who fail to abide by this required Health and Safety policy may be asked to leave, have their legal representation terminated, or face other enforcement actions, including furlough or termination of employees. If you feel this Health and Safety Policy is in any way insufficient, negligent, or unacceptable to you, leave immediately. Remaining in this premises constitutes your acceptance of this policy and waiver of any legal liability to you due to COVID-19 infection or concern resulting from your presence here.
Please read the full text of EXECUTIVE ORDER NW-10 OF COUNTY JUDGE NELSON W. WOLFF ISSUED June 17, 2020, here.